How to Get Licensed
- File an application with the Nebraska Real Estate Commission (NREC).
- Two types of licenses are issued by NREC: a salesperson's license and a broker's license. A salesperson's license allows the licensee to engage in all facets of the real estate business, if employed and supervised by a licensed broker. A broker's license allows the licensee to engage in all facets of the real estate business, either as a self-employed broker or as an associate broker employed and supervised by a licensed broker.
- Fill out an application: Salesperson Application Packet or Broker Application Packet.
- If you have any questions, please contact NREC at 402-471-2004 or email.
- Undergo a criminal background check.
- Pass the state real estate exam. To become a licensed real estate salesperson in the state of Nebraska, you must first complete two pre-licensing courses approved by NREC. These courses provide preparatory training for the state exam.
- We offer pre-licensing coursework through our partnership with VanEd