The foundation awards a $250 My1stHome grant to select first-time home buyers in an effort to enhance the success of home buyers in maintaining home ownership. Grant recipients will be selected by the Board of Directors of the foundation. There is only one grant per household allowed and recipients must reside in Nebraska. Here are the steps to receiving the grant:
- Download the Grant Application here.
- Use the services of a REALTOR® to purchase your first home within the last six months. Maximum purchase price is $170,000.
- Complete a home buyer education course through a REACH affiliate or online education approved by NIFA.
- Attach a copy of your closing statement and educational certificate.
- Mail your completed application to: Nebraska REALTORS® Association, 800 S. 13th St. Ste. 200, Lincoln, NE 68508
Contact the Nebraska REALTORS® Association at (402) 323-6500, toll-free at (800) 777-5231 for more information.